So many people are so addicted to their phones. To them, their phone is essential. They can’t be without their phones. There are people who use their phone for 8+ hours a day! I admit that sometimes I spend too much time on my phone, either using social media or texting or just browsing on YouTube.
If you feel like you need to cut back on using your phone, then this is for you.
- Set a limit on what time you can use your phone. For example, I stop using my phone after 8pm and on my days off, I won’t use my phone before 7am. Of course this is different for many people because our schedules are all different. The best thing to do is stop using your phone an hour before you go to sleep and don’t use your phone until you’ve been awake for an hour.
- Stop using your phone while eating. So many people do this as well.
- Don’t take your phone into the bathroom with you
- Find a hobby that doesn’t include your phone, things like writing, reading, running, working out, gardening, the choices are endless!
- Create “phone free” zones. This could be at your job or home. Just keep your phone out of sight and focus on your job, kids, or cleaning.
I didn’t set too many goals for January because I wanted to enjoy my birthday month. However, I have set a few small goals for February that I hope to accomplish this month.
- Read 5 books
- Run 30 miles
- Watch tv only twice a week
- No eating out
- No spending any money on anything unnecessary
- Taking 3 day social media breaks each week
- No shopping at Target
I turned 29 years old this week. Which means I am 1 year away from turning 30 years old!!! OMG! I am making a list of things that I would like to accomplish before I turn 30 years old. Btw, this is not the complete list, I will be adding more things as the year goes on.
1. Start Selena’s Sweets
2. Do 25 pushups nonstop
3. Run a 8 minute mile
4. Pay off 5 credit cards
5. Publish two novels (ebooks)
6. Travel to a new state
7. Run a full marathon under 5 hours
8. Run a half marathon under 2 hours
9. Be nearly fluent in German
10. Have an emergency fund of $500
11. Reach 1,000 followers on Instagram
I have so many goals and things to do in 2020! Here’s my list for 2020
- Run a full marathon under 5 hours
- Run a half marathon in under 2 hours
- Go to San Francisco with family
- Go to San Diego with Selena
- LA County Fair
- Boysenberry Festival
- Start Selena’s Sweets
- Run 1 mile under 8 minutes
- Run a 10k in under 56 minutes
- Publish two ebooks on Amazon Kindle
- See LA Galaxy in Nashville
- Take Selena to the LA Zoo
- Pay off 5 credit cards
- Save $1,000 in emergency fund
- Complete at least 8 no spend months
- Read 50 books
- Run 300 miles
I set goals for this month that I think I can actually achieve.
1. Run 20 times
2. read 3 books
3. Launch Athena Rose
4. Run 20 miles
5. Post 5 times on my blog
6. Reach 100 followers on Athena Rose Instagram
7. Add $50 to emergency fund
8. Walk 7,000 steps daily
9. No watching tv